Hatteras Island Labor Day Trip Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone, I just had two buddies cancel for a trip out of Hatteras Island on Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend (Aug 31 and Sept 1). If you've never experienced the Graveyard of the Atlantic this is a great time to do it.

There are only 2 operators who dive out of Hatteras and the weekends fill up months in advance. This is an excellent chance to get wet and explore some of the best shipwrecks anywhere. We're going with Dive Hatteras.

We have 2 spots available, first come first served. This is wreck diving at it's finest. Cost is $155/person/day. That's the charter cost divided by 6 divers, we're just looking for some fun folks to fill up the boat. You don't need to go both days, although that would sure be easier for me. I'm pretty familiar with the area, if you'd like help sorting out accommodations I can provide a little guidance there as well.

The four of us are a relatively experienced group from fancy instructor down to lowly rescue diver. Anyone is welcome as long as you're comfortable with this type of open ocean wreck dive.

If you're interested let me know. I'm a long time lurker, but not a heavy forum user. I imagine you can send me a pm on here or you could shoot me an email at Frisco1211 at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

We were out this weekend. Saturday was grey and rainy but sunday was spectacular. Will be posting video and dive report in the NC thread soon.

We just unloaded and cleaning gear.

I'll be looking forward to the video. The conditions out there can be absolutely beautiful. When you can sit on the boat and see a wreck 80-100 feet down, you know you're in for a fun dive.

Another fun part about Hatteras is that even conditions don't let the boat go out you still get a holiday weekend on one of the most beautiful islands anywhere. Let me know if you want to get back out there in a couple weeks!

Totally agree with you. We've been diving with JT down there the last 5 yrs.

Thanks for the invite but I have a 6 pack chartered already out of MHC for labor day weekend.

Vis was anywhere from 20-70 ft this weekend depending on where the wreck was and water temps in the mid to high 70's on the bottom and high 80s on the top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom