Hatteras diving in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parzdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The past few years, I have stayed in Duck with non-diving friends and family. This year we are staying further south in Rodanthe. I typically dive with out of Nags Head with Outer Banks Dive Center, but since I am further south I am looking for warmer water. Years ago, I dove with Outer Banks Diving, but that is no longer an option.

I have dropped notes to Capt. JT and Dive Hattaras, but they don't run every day and seem to be chartered on the days they are running.

Does anyone know of any other options for getting into the warmer waters? Driving to Morehead City (3.5 hours) is not a good option.

Thanks in advance.

That's the only game in town for Hatteras. Look at their schedule and call whomever has booked the boat and get on their waiting list. You have to book Hatteras dives early to get a spot on either boats.

I chartered Underpressure 2 weekends in Sept and hope the weather Gods (No named storms) are friendly this season, as they were last season.

I dove with JT last year and had a fantastic experience. He really likes being on the water and it shows.

Usually he has charters on the weekend and runs open boats during the week. Word to the wise. NC waters can be choppy, so book a dive on Monday, so that if he has to cancel you can get one of the other days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Luckily JT had some open spots, so I am going diving!!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom