Hassle free Hurgada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markb

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am looking at taking my newly qualified daughter to Hurgada for a week at the start of September. Usually I sort out separate flights, accomms, diving etc when i travel but it's usually for longer so it's more flexible. Haven't been to Hurgada before. Just wondering if there is a decent package co that anyone can recommend? Flying from Bristol UK. Can make it any South West airport.
I've had a look at regal etc and the stuff that comes up online.

TIA

I've used scuba hurghada for 5 or 6 trips. They don't do packages but will pick you up each morning and drop you off on an evening if you pick a hotel in the area (max 20 minutes ish away). As I said it's not a package but the boat,crew and owners are fantastic especially with newer/younger divers

I guess you are looking for a UK based company? What about TUI UK?
On the other hand, with 3 weeks to go, you may be a bit late: have you looked up flights already?
And instead of Hurghada, take a look at The Breakers in Soma Bay: you may contact them directly...
I know, not the answer you are looking for...

It is pretty straight forward to book all the parts separately, although sometimes the packages from Easyjet or TUI can offer better value. The hotel offerings from the package tour operators tend not to be the best hotels if you are there for diving, so I normally book everything separately.

The Breakers suggestion is a great one. I was there two weeks ago (for the third time) and it is a excellent hotel with a very good dive shop. Orca divers (at Breakers) currently have a very good offer for accommodation and unlimited diving, I think it is on their Facebook page.

For another option Dive UK Hurghada offer some good rates and will arrange accommodation for you. Steve and Emma are both great with young divers. They only take a few divers at a time, so tend to be booked up well in advanced, but worth contacting.

go with orca, but i like the housereef at coral garden more than at breakers. the hotel is realy rar and cheap, next to is the coral sun beach All In.

While we are here....
Would you recommend the diving in Soma over Hurghada? I began my diving in Dahab and Sharm many years ago but have never been to this coast. I guess I'm asking about easy access/local dives as I know about Elphinstone etc

Unless you want to dive the wrecks north of Hurghada, yes! without hesitation. We were once in Hurghada and that's enough for the rest of our live.
At Soma Bay you can dive from shore (from the jetty to be correct) and take half day or full day trips to great spots. Orca dive shop has an overview of their spots online.

Unless you want to dive the wrecks north of Hurghada, yes! without hesitation. We were once in Hurghada and that's enough for the rest of our live.
At Soma Bay you can dive from shore (from the jetty to be correct) and take half day or full day trips to great spots. Orca dive shop has an overview of their spots online.
What was so bad about Hurghada??

Diving was not that bad but there is no diving from Shore and the spots near Hurghada were incredibly full.
If it has to be Hurghada, i would recommend James & Mac and focus on the many wrecks.
I heard that the reefs have suffer quite a lot from over-diving, esp. as there are many more beginners in Hurghada than in other locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom