Haskel AGD-15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. A friend gave me his Haskel AGD15. Im new to boosters. Although i have been filling air for only 10hrs.

what can i expect from this booster? Its been unused for 10yrs.
i understand an oxygen clean is important.
but what is this booster capable of?

moving a lot of gas at very low pressure. It's max practical output pressure is about 150bar but it will move a mountain of gas very quickly up to that pressure. The boost ratio is too low to get a full fill in any normal tank so they aren't used in scuba very often.

hi somebody pointed out this isnt an AGD15

since compression ratio is 10:1

as far as i know original owner was a dive instructor in the 90s. he used it on Nitrox banks? unfortunately he passed away already and heirs have decided to give it away since they know i scuba dive. the instructor was not a tech diver. a recreational instructor. im still confused why he would have a booster

so this cant boost higher pressure? i was hoping to do 170 or180 bar of oxygen. or nitrox 50 for deco mixes.

Attachments

• EA2C8AA2-8B6E-4D98-8D54-1A764DFE7499.jpeg
    EA2C8AA2-8B6E-4D98-8D54-1A764DFE7499.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 0F2F44C7-0EC2-48A9-B270-9999D522F907.jpeg
    0F2F44C7-0EC2-48A9-B270-9999D522F907.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 95003346-B98C-4D78-B618-B8E1109E2E8B.jpeg
    95003346-B98C-4D78-B618-B8E1109E2E8B.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 38
THAT is a very different booster than a standard AGD-15. If you google "scubamp" you'll find some literature on it.

OK, so the Scubamp is weird and actually uses direct inlet gas to boost itself essentially. It will happily go to 300bar but is designed to take the old school compressors that topped out at 175bar ish and bring them up to modern scuba pressures.

so t
THAT is a very different booster than a standard AGD-15. If you google "scubamp" you'll find some literature on it.

OK, so the Scubamp is weird and actually uses direct inlet gas to boost itself essentially. It will happily go to 300bar but is designed to take the old school compressors that topped out at 175bar ish and bring them up to modern scuba pressures.so
so theoretically can i use it to boost oxygen to 170bar? for a deco stage bottle?

can i use it to scavenge from a 40L bottle?

i will look at scubamp

so t

so theoretically can i use it to boost oxygen to 170bar? for a deco stage bottle?

can i use it to scavenge from a 40L bottle?

i will look at scubamp
yes to oxygen, it is not a scavenging booster since it is driven from it's own supply gas so whatever you are boosting through it is what it is consuming for drive gas which is extremely expensive if that gas is anything but air....

yes to oxygen, it is not a scavenging booster since it is driven from it's own supply gas so whatever you are boosting through it is what it is consuming for drive gas which is extremely expensive if that gas is anything but air....
wooow thats strange… driven by its own boost gas.

what is it use for then?

wooow thats strange… driven by its own boost gas.

what is it use for then?
Like I said above, it was designed to allow dive shops to run old low pressure compressors that would only fill LP72's at ~175bar up to AL80 pressures ~225bar. Saved them buying new compressors at the time because the surplus high pressure pumps weren't out yet and new pumps were more expensive than the booster was, and most people didn't ever factor in how much drive gas they used....

You can replumb it to an AGD-15, and it looks like you're going to have to at least replace the gas regulator that's on it because that hasn't been cleaned in decades.... If you're pumping expensive gas then you'll want to replumb it to use something else to drive it.

Like I said above, it was designed to allow dive shops to run old low pressure compressors that would only fill LP72's at ~175bar up to AL80 pressures ~225bar. Saved them buying new compressors at the time because the surplus high pressure pumps weren't out yet and new pumps were more expensive than the booster was, and most people didn't ever factor in how much drive gas they used....

You can replumb it to an AGD-15, and it looks like you're going to have to at least replace the gas regulator that's on it because that hasn't been cleaned in decades.... If you're pumping expensive gas then you'll want to replumb it to use something else to drive it.

ooohhh hmmm theres a local technician everybody is pointing to. i think ill see him to figure this out. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom