Has Ikelite a 12" arm segment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hidroj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm pretty curious about that. If you take a look at BHPhotovideo.com's website, they sell an Ikelite 12" arm segment (there's no further info about the ball diameter, if it's 1" or 1.25").

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=&ci=7896

On the other hand, at Ikelite's website, the longest ball socket arm segment they show is 9" long. Who's right? I suppose Ikelite, but then, what's BHPhoto offering? Maybe it's an older arm segment Ikelite is not producing anymore? The arm segment BHPhoto shows, seems to be a bit thicker than actual Ikelite's arm segments.
Has anyone an answer to this? Is BHPhoto wrong?
Thank you very much!!!
Hidroj

I don't think Ike makes a 9" segment as their longest one.

You can use a ULCS 12" one Reef Photo

Howard, and do the ULCS arms work right with the Ikelite clamps?
Or is it then necessary to change the whole arm system? (and that would cost a bit more, I suppose...)
:)

Ooops, I've seen that Reef Photo says that Ikelite Clamps work with ULCS and TLC arm components. That would be really nice.
Has anyone experience mixing Ikelite and ULCS or TLC? Any problem? Everything fine?
Thank you very much!
Hidroj

I switched to Aquatica arms and they work well.

Hidroj:
Ooops, I've seen that Reef Photo says that Ikelite Clamps work with ULCS and TLC arm components. That would be really nice.
Has anyone experience mixing Ikelite and ULCS or TLC? Any problem? Everything fine?
Thank you very much!
Hidroj

As long as the ball arms are the same size, they should work fine. I use and mix both Ikelite and ULCS arms of various lengths (all 1" ball diameter) without any problems. The ULCS arms have a rubber ring around the ball ends to help with gripping in the clamps to help prevent movement, which is nice. I do prefer the ULCS clamps over the Ikelite clamps as I find they hold better and are easier to use with thick gloves on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom