Has anyone used this camera? What did you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have this camera and have really enjoyed it. Spend the extra money to buy the digital strobe. Having intensity control is a huge help.Keep in mind that this is an automatic point and shoot kind of a set up. You have manual white balance if you want to forego the auto setting but you cannot control aperature and fstop. If this is what you are looking for, it is a great camera with great customer service behind it. It's ease of use and picture quality is great.

Hope I am doing it right, here is a picture taken with my DC500 pro. BBarnes is right wish I had the digital strobe..

Ok that didn't work..Rats I wish the gallery would work...The ones in my gallery are from my first try with the DC500. I have better pics now. For the money I really liie the camera

Woo Hoo!!! It worked!

You propably are looking for a decent camera not a camera to descent with :D Or well actually you are going to descent with that camera aswell. Don't mean anything personal though :) My english ain't that brilliant anyway...

Back to your question: I haven't used that camera but there are loads of used cameras on ebay. You propably would get better quality for the same price if you'd buy one of those. For example you could find the classic olympus 5050 for that price (I think). As Alcina said there are some threads about reefmasters. It's a jungle out there when it comes down to choosing a camera but keep in mind that there are excellent older cameras (used) that do the job even better than this new one. Canon has some pretty good cameras aswell (g-series). Just make sure which ever camera you end up buying it has manual controls and manual white balance. That's what you end up using anyway - manual controls that is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom