Has anyone used gasbottlesdirect.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spinal33

Registered
Reaction score
As the title sugests... has anyone used gasbottlesdirect.com?

Need a few new cylinders, and as I live in Switzerland local costs are stratospheric (400chf/eur ish for a 12l tank).

I can get cylinders shipped to a German address by the site above for less than half that... but they only accept bank transfer which sets off a few alarm bells for me.

So before sending them near a grand, I was hoping someone has used them in the past...

I'd be reluctant personally to buy cylinders from a company with a link to a hotel at the bottom of their site.

but that's just me....

Quick update, ended up ordering from Rakuten in Germany. Delivered price was roughly the same - 200eur a bottle, and got the (aqualung) cylinders yesterday :)

Sorry for necroposting, but just bought 4x tanks from them. Payment was with wiretransfer. They shipped tanks 2 days after payment and they arrived 8 days from ordering via DHL. Everything was like listed -new tanks with all normal markings. Packing was really good and all tanks had protective caps screwed in. Haven't yet installed valves to them - will update when I fill them. Checked insides with torch, looked good.
Looks like I will order my tanks from there now on. ON google maps you can see that address points to diveshop in 1st floor of some apartment building (normal in europe).

I purchased 2 x 12l steels 232 bars in 2019, zinc plated 150-180 micrometers without paint on top.
Have been using them in deep ocean dives and cave dives, with no problem. It is the best-priced tank I could find. They are much smaller in size than Alu80s and older steels. They are made as a one piece which helps to keep the size and weight down.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-12 at 1.24.20 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-12 at 1.24.20 PM.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 65
Everything I look at and wanted was "Temporarily Unavailable".

Everything I look at and wanted was "Temporarily Unavailable".

I would suggest emailing them and they can tell you when the next batch will be available. Also, sometimes they have some versions available which are not on the website yet (like double zinc vs single zinc+paint). They also gave me the dates of manufacture for the choices I considered, as where I live there is no way of doing hydro testing for steels so wanted to maximize their life by choosing the most recently made batch.

I suggest speaking to Ivana at divetravel@divetravel.cz

The bottles are made in Vitkovice Steel in the Czech Republic.

I do have a vitkovice 3 litres for ccr. They are just a bit longer than fabers, but other than that is ok

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom