Has anyone heard who the new owners of God's Pocket will be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the exposure protection needed to dive this place? I'm going to assume it's a drysuit. Probably worth it to buy and learn drysuit just to dive here.
Definitely dry suit. 10 c as a high would be my guess as it is closer to Alaska than the Puget Sound (lows around 7)

I cannot find a price anywhere on the website. Can someone let me know what is the diving package price per day approximately?

I cannot find a price anywhere on the website. Can someone let me know what is the diving package price per day approximately?

We went in June 2017. The 6 day, 4 days of diving package was around $1,800 per person. Of course this may higher or lower with the new owners. Amazing diving. Worth every penny.

--Thumbsplitter

We went in June 2017. The 6 day, 4 days of diving package was around $1,800 per person. Of course this may higher or lower with the new owners. Amazing diving. Worth every penny.

--Thumbsplitter

Thanks. CAD right?

--Thumbsplitter

+1 Amazing diving. You'll likely never see invertebrate density like this anywhere else

Just got back from there about a week ago. I was very fortunate to have unknowingly booked for the week of Bill & Annie's last scuba charter. It's great diving in a beautiful place. Looking forward to a repeat visit someday.

From Bill and Annie:

First and foremost, we would like to express our gratitude for all the years of support that we have received from you. You have been like family to us and brought us great joy, excitement, inspiration, love, care, friendship and of course the odd headache. Thank you. Really, thank you so much. It has been a great run of 20 years.

We are now finished with God’s Pocket and are looking forward to handing over the keys to three very excited people. They are working hard in the background to put together a very solid crew for a seamless transition of owners. It is important to them that you experience similar quality that God’s Pocket has offered over the years.

So, we would like to introduce, Claus Eckbo, Antione Moret and Yolaine Cabana. Their plan is to take possession of God’s Pocket Aug 9, 2018. They intend to use the remainder of August to familiarize themselves with all the workings on and off the water. Once they are acclimated and confident, they intent to begin operating at full capacity beginning Sept 1, 2018.

This is all subject to a speedy First Nation consultation in order to transfer the Park Use Permit from us to them as the new owners.

As it will be their vision of God’s Pocket here on, they are welcoming you to email them any questions you might have. They can be reached at godspocket2018@gmail.com.
What we do know is they have hired a Captain who is very experienced and has worked in this area for many years in the past.

As you may remember, when we purchased God’s Pocket 20 years ago, we were told that we had ‘big boots to fill’. We are very grateful that you gave us the opportunity to show you what we were capable of. We do hope you do the same for the new owners.

We do plan to keep in touch. You never know how paths will cross again in the future.
Feel free to shoot us an email to say hi.
Biggest Hugs to You !
Annie and Bill

Merry and I have already paid our deposit for a week next month. Bill told me that he will transfer the deposit to the new owners and reschedule our trip for September. I can't wait to get back there. Yolaine was working there while we were there in April. She is hard working, very friendly, energetic and her little dog Luscious is just as friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom