Has anybody tried one of these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishoutawater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
http://www.rei.com/online/store/Pro...productId=48015329&parent_category_rn=4760430

I saw one at a local REI, but it was only fifteen bucks, so I passed it up.
I know enough about underwater photography to agree that "you get what you pay for".
OTOH, fifteen bucks will only shorten my beer drinking by about six beers, so now I'm curious.
There doesn't appear to be any way to hook up a strobe or macro lens to it, so...
Anybody tried one?
I would kinda like to see if it really will make to 100 feet and back.

Ive seen people use them but never seen the outcome. Not so great I would guess. I tried a disposable once myself and the pics were so crappy I just gave up on them.

If you shoot pics with that camera anywhere below 15', expect them to have an extreme bluish hue as there will be no white balance settings or color from strobes. Also, I have found when shooting with disposables, they show the particulates in the water more than real cameras with adjustable focus settings. With that said, they are fun for quick snapshots.

Thanks guys.
I imagine it would probably work just like my now useless Ikelite disposable camera housing that disposable cameras won't even fit in anymore.
Actually I'm saving up for a nice digital setup.

There are some real bargains on used Oly 5050 and 5060s on ebay

That was pretty cool! One of my friend have it and it was pretty good!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom