Wanted Harlow Vance's "Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akchan

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to buy Harlow Vance's "Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair"

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.52.33 PM.png

What? 775.00 too rich for the blood? Well, it was published in 1750, after all . . .

Oh, what the hell?

Vance, where are you?

Even the moribund Airspeed Press website is now defunct. I can only hope that Harlow is kicking it in the Caribbean, sipping a Cuba Libre . . .

any other good books to get while I wait for a solution?
Regulator Savvy

Wolfinger’s Regulator Savvy is still readily available; and I believe that @rsingler is using that text for his seminars.

From an earlier thread on the merits of each author's book:

"Wolfinger, while fabulously knowledgeable, is far more abstract in his approach and, unabashedly, plugs his company's service equipment, Peter Built Co (see "A Word About Bias" on page 105) to the open exclusion of most everyone else, with little to no discussion of particular name brand regulators, if I recall correctly; but his thorough coverage of applied physical theory and engineering is valuable -- and the illustrations on principles are quite clear."

Discussions of case geometry fault are all well and good; but I always favored Harlow’s far more grassroots approach, on cobbling together your own tools from dowels -- and even building you own IP gauge, from local hardware store stock, which far more closely mirrored my budget, at that time . . .

Back
Top Bottom