hard to fit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artsprite

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't even taken my first dive...I'm just about to start lessons. So, this may be a very premature question. But, I'm only 5'tall, and weigh about 128. I'm worried that wherever I rent equipment, the BC especially, is going to be way too long for me, and uncomfortable, just because I'm so short, and a woman. Of course, I have my own mask, fins, snorkel, but how hard is it going to be to be comfortable in someone elses other stuff? Am I worrying needlessly?

You'll probably have problems, at least until you get your own gear. My wife is 5'4" and 100lbs, and she always had problems finding rental gear that fit, espeacially BCs and wetsuits. She has her own gear now, but even that was a chore. She ended up with a Seaquest Diva LX BC and a Henderson Goldcore wetsuit. The X-Small Diva barely, and I do mean barely, had enough adjustment to allow for her short torso. It's taken all the way up. But she was deadset on it, so. But this problem can be eliminated by choosing a modular BC, like some of Zeagle's BCs, a Dive Rite Transpac II, and etc. Or just going with a backplate/wings/harness system which can be custom fitted to anyone. She also ended up going with a custom wetsuit and this was with a manufactor(Henderson) that offers a hord of different sizes, non fit well enough. Alot of times shops can accomadate your sizing needs if you give them plenty of notice. I suggest that you go to the shop where you are taking the class and try on some of their rental gear. If you're lucky enough to find something that fits well, latch on to it! Make it known that that's your's for the duration of the class. Good luck in your class and welcome to "the other world".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom