Hard Sole Boots for Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Sunday

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am looking for a good pair of hard sole boots for Bonaire.

I am using XL jets and am a size 10. I bought a pair of Bare 6mm boots that are great but they are too big for my XL jets and too small for my turtle fins. :confused:

I would use my 5mm body glove soft boots but I dont think the sole will be very comfortable for rough shore entries.

The seasoft's seem good but have not seem them in person.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a good hard bottom boot that is fairly small in its diameter?

Thanks!

I just got back from Bonaire yesterday & tried out a pair of hard sole DeepSee Caribbean boots. They didn't seem too big & spared my feet a lot of anguish. Prettty cheap too.

No problems diving with a low top?

Converse All-Stars?

I considered the Converse route. That's how my wife dives actually. It is my plan B

You only really need a hard sole, the cut of the boot doesn't really matter. I used the 3MM Tusa Imprex last spring in Curacao - similar conditions to Bonaire. They fit my Tusa splitfins but were tighter than my Scubapro soft boots. It might be more of an issue on Bonaire since more times than not you'll be putting your fins on once past the ironshore - most times we were already floating at the south sites a couple years back. Curacao has more beach type entries with just some areas where you're crawling over the ironshore. Both have coral rubble at the surf line though.

Tusa also makes a 5MM high-top boot, my buddy has them, we're the same foot size and use the same fins.

I am looking for a good pair of hard sole boots for Bonaire.

I am using XL jets and am a size 10. I bought a pair of Bare 6mm boots that are great but they are too big for my XL jets and too small for my turtle fins. :confused:

I would use my 5mm body glove soft boots but I dont think the sole will be very comfortable for rough shore entries.

The seasoft's seem good but have not seem them in person.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a good hard bottom boot that is fairly small in its diameter?

Thanks!

The SeaSoft SunRays give you excellent arch support and dry quickly due to a glide skin interior.

My whole family used them in Bonaire and Curacao last year and in Curacao the year before. They worked out real well. I use them for all of my warm water diving.

The SeaRays are low cut when compared to the Seasoft TI Steath boots I use in New England.

The SeaSoft SunRays give you excellent arch support and dry quickly due to a glide skin interior.

My whole family used them in Bonaire and Curacao last year and in Curacao the year before. They worked out real well. I use them for all of my warm water diving.

The SeaRays are low cut when compared to the Seasoft TI Steath boots I use in New England.

I like the Seasoft's a lot but they are about 3 times the price of the other low tops. I would not mind if I had not just bought my wife and I both pair's of Bare hard Sole boots that are not going to work and are nonreturnable. I may try to shave the Bare's down a little to see if they will squeeze in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom