hard breathing Delta 4 when Inverted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Claws

Registered
Reaction score
Ok I know this sounds weird but I have a new Delta 4 I bought in November which I love,However I have an issue when I am inverted.

Everytime I go upside down or hover on my back I have to really suck the reg to get air.

Is this an adjustment problem?

The reg flows very smoothly in all other positions and is a joy to use below 100 as the balance is great.

Any help would be appreciated.
:coffee:

Open the reg all the way. I can set my delta three to practically breath for me. On the surface it means a freeflow but underwater I can invert, lay on my back and just fiddle a little with it to do it with out freeflowing. It is still not as smooth and easy as in the regular position but I'm not inhaling till my cheeks collapse.

Same situation with my Aeris Atmos Pro, which has both pre-dive, and dive, adjustments. Crank it open a little more as needed. I just make sure to use the pre-dive settings to avoid a free-flow before entry, turn it up if or as needed, and then turn it down when longer needed while diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom