Harbor Clean up May 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Join WRXQ Radio Station and Dive Right in Scuba for the first annual cleanup in Seneca Illinois. We will be in the Harbor of Boondocks in Seneca. The radio will air live from 10am-12 and there will be food and drinks from Boondocks. We will also be having some giveaways.....

Im sure Freak from WRXQ will be in shortly to put some more details on here!! Hope to see all of you there, it should be a fun event that we can build upon and another reason to get underwater

PM me with any questions

Mike

I dont know I personally havent done it. I cant imagine it being to high though...but it will be alot of fun even if you dont get in the water......Somethings they have found in the past include: guns, knives, anchors, jewels, watches, ....I guess in the past they usually find some good stuff because its a bar on the water....

I'm a fairly new diver. Will there be a place to rent equipment? Will there be DMs or other knowledgable people there to help the less educated (me). How far of a drive would it be from St. Louis? This sounds like fun for me and the hubby. We haven't logged that many dives and we want more experience. Any good places to stay around the area?

Beth

Equipment Rental....No, if you want, I can bring whatever you need in sizes and you can just pay when you get there..Just tell me what you need...From St. Louis, Im not sure..mapquest says about 4 hours:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=hltF3hzNT9tNhURP0HLlhh9UYBmHRqyBceg4Gkon14D8uewLk7pjHQ%253d%253d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=st.+louis&1s=mo&1z=&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=seneca+&2s=il&2z=&r=f

Im not sure if this will be the Best of Dives for a Beginner, Low Visibility, etc., but definetely a great place to meet others and some great dive buddies in case you dont get in the water...but yes there will be DMs and Instructors there if you have any questions or anything. I just dont want you to think this is a very fun dive, the experience will be fun and the whole event, but low viz, looking for items with your hands might not appeal to a beginner....If it does then thats great!! DOnt get me wrong, I just want you to be comfortable diving, and I dont know your level of comfort. If you can, for sure come out though it will be a great time, and Im sure if you will have a blast...

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom