Happy Fall Equinox Tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Ooooops - tomorrow night!!

I guess it's the Spring equinox in the south hemisphere...? :wink:

At the autumnal equinox (Sept. 23, 2006, 12:03 A.M. EDT), the sun appears to cross the celestial equator, from north to south; this marks the beginning of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere.

The Fall Equinox is also known as: Alban Elfed, Autumn Equinox, Autumnal Equinox, Cornucopia, Feast of Avilon, Festival of Dionysus, Harvest Home, Harvest Tide, Mabon, Night of the Hunter, Second Harvest Festival, Wine Harvest, Witch's Thanksgiving, and the first day of autumn.

Time to make some Fall Homebrew Beer and celebrate.

tonight is also the start of the Jewish New Year and tommorrow is my favorite holiday: the Anniversary of John Coltrane's birth (he would have been 80) and Columbia University radio has their famous John Coltrane festival. I think 48 hours of only Coltrane. I hope there isn't a football game that interrupts it.

So with the correction - too late to change the title, I suppose we have a few hours of summer left. :wink:

Yay! I love fall! Bring on the sweaters and apple picking! Ooh, but those nasty bees get all crazy this time of year too. Well, it can't be perfect I guess!

Happy Rosh Hashanah, as well.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this year has flown by like a jet?

Time flys when you're having fun.

ScubaTexan:
Happy Rosh Hashanah, as well.

Or, L'shona tovah v'tikvotaevu!

There's roast, there's turkey, perhaps sweet & sour meatballs, and of course chicken soup.

No sense in my leaving work early; my wife won't let me in the house until she is ready.

Back
Top Bottom