Hangover rating system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:useless:

it was worth a shot :D

You can knock a good solid two stars off of your hangover by doing the following after drinking, before you go to bed. Take a double hit of a normal multivitamin, take two headache tabs, and drink a sports replenishment drink. (Gatorade, All Sport, etc.) I guarentee you will be able to funtion in a reasonably normal manner the following day. I have also found that a follow up with Red Bull, Rock Star, etc. drink(s) the folllowing morning helps as well.

Where does " I went snorkeling and had a conch outrun me" fit on the hangover scale.

sandshaker:
awhhh...let me think about that for a minute:blinking: .....................................................

No Way:eyebrow: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tease

OMG that first post was so funny!!! Thanks for a good laugh

I have no idea how I missed this thread the first time it came around. The worst hangover I've ever had lasted for a week, you read correctly a week. This happened quite a few years ago now, fortunately I am no longer this stupid. It was a 7 day vacation down in Cancun at an all inclusive resort with my father, my brother, and his girlfriend. My brother and his girlfriend shared a room as did my father and I. Well my father has this thing about being up at 07:00 in the morning so I had to be too. Given that I usually made it to bed around 03:00 each morning this was not a good thing. I woke up each morning drunk and would start drinking margaritas at breakfast and continue throughout the day. This would progress until about 18:00 when we would head to the swim up bar. There was a group of us that would meet and we would take turns ordering drinks for the entire group. It would inevitably turn into lets see who can order the strongest drink or the most "original" drink, neither was a good thing. Several in the group were made to wear life jackets because they were becoming a danger to themselves in 3.5 ft of water. This would usually continue on till around 22:00 each evening, In general I don't remember what happened after 22:00. By day 7 this caught up to me, I can't believe it took that long. On the 7th day of our vacation I was in a full 5 star hangover and even the thought of alcohol required an offering to the porcelain gods. Each subsequent day would get progressively better but it took a full 7 days before I felt normal again. I still can't drink tequila and it took me a full year before I could have margaritas again.

Thanks to this experience I have come to the following conclusions.

1. It is cheaper to drink yourself silly at home, just take a week off from work, you won't remember it anyway so it doesn't matter where you are.
2. 7 days of an all inclusive where you are planning on drinking heavily is way too long. 4 days is plenty, 3 ideal.
3. Staying drunk does indeed ward off hangover symptoms, to a point. Once you reach that point, death doesn't sound too bad.

I haven't been drunk in many years, but I am also one of the lucky ones that just didn't get a hangover. No headache, no nothing.

Now, that doesn't mean I didn't some really entertaining things while drunk, at least according to the people that told me the horror stories of the night before.

Here's a few highlights:

On my first trip to Guam with the AF we had a party on the first night there. There were 3 barracks connected together in a "U" type configuration. The two side buildings were taller than the middle one, so we partied on the roof of the middle one. My room was on the second floor of the building that would be on the left. However, the next morning I woke up in a room on the 3rd floor of the building on the right and swore it was my room. This was a whiskey drunk.

While in Merced CA with the AF we decided to go bar hopping on foot. During this adventure I proved there is in fact a stage of drunkeness known as the "wimp" stage. This stage is identifiable by the fact that you attempt to kick a can that is laying on the ground, you land on your butt and the can just lays there and laughs at you. Another whiskey drunk.

Now comes the Superman drunk. I was at a party at my bosses house in Adana Turkey. The women there wanted to do shots of Tequilla aka To Kill Ya. Nobody would do shots with them, so being the gentleman that I am, I volunteered to keep the ladies company. Bad, very bad move. By the time the night was over, I was Superman. Not impervious to pain, just didn't feel it when I ran into the stairs of the barracks back on base. Also, didn't feel my back give out when I picked up the pool table in the rec room. To Kill Ya is some bad stuff.

Back
Top Bottom