Hanging out this week at the Blue Tang Inn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Diving with Chuck & Robbie's.

The dive sites are no more than 15 minutes by boat - first dive 70 to 80 feet. The second dive 60 to 70 feet. Give or take. Surface interval back at the dock. Most dives 45 to 50 minutes due to depth. If you want an extra few minutes be the first off the boat. That will give you at least 5-8 more minutes under water. The dm's there work. Would recommend.

For those of you that are negative to animal interaction. One of our dm's played with the nurse sharks and one did not. As best as I can remember there were nurse sharks on every dive. Didn't see any other critters messed with.

Blue Tang Inn is very nice and the location is very good. Would recommend.

Only down side is that it's very loud at night. Music from local clubs, and private parties on the beach at 3:00am. These events are not a part of the Inn so there is not much they can do. It was our observation that this could be an issue everywhere in San Pedro since there were clubs, bars, and restaurants with live music pretty much elbow to elbow.

Dive operators every 100 yards or do down the beach. I would think that most of them are good it they can stay afloat with all the competition.

My only negative is the late night noise.

Written May 17 2013.

Dan,

Glad to hear you had a good time at the Blue Tang. I have stayed there twice. The location is very convenient and the staff are great. I have heard some noise at times. I think it comes down to how close to town you want to be. It gets quieter north and south of town.

Thanks for the report!

I agree it is a lovely little hotel, and am concerned about the noise. Some people say that the Mayan Princess suffers noise too, because of Fidos. I can only hear the music a bit when in my room with door patio doors closed, and when out on patio, actually kind of enjoyable. If you plan on going back to Belize sometime, why not take a walk down the beach and ask the front desk at Mayan, to see one of their rooms on 2nd and/or 3rd floors. LOL, just remembered it's the Mayan Princess' neighbor's damn dog that drives me crazy.

Say hi to Robbie for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom