Hammonds Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namabiru

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone had any experience with Hammonds Dry Suits? I'm looking for a made to measure trilam suit with front entry option. I've looked at the big brands-- DUI, Bare, Whites, O'Three, Typhoon, Northern Diver, Otter, and so forth-- but the suits either don't have front zipper option, or are really an arm and a leg for made to measure.

What I like about Hammonds is they're a family-owned company, so I kind of feel like I'm supporting the small businessman.

Namabiru,

You'll get great service from them - I and many others use them for drysuit repair. As for their suits I can't comment as I'm a Dui clone user but giving them a phone call might be worth doing. I've seen their suits in the shop and they look robust but again I guess it's down to personal fit and preference but they are a very professional outfit.

Brill! Cheers for the information, and yeah, I think what they make is very competitive with what's on the market. I found out about them through an advertisement in Dive, so that's how I got started on them. DUI is good stuff, yeah, but quite pricey. Yes, I know... you pay for what you get... but I'm looking at 1,000 quid for a made-to-measure through DUI. Haven't priced them in the States yet.

Hammond also manufacture a range of innovative products enabling people with certain medical conditions to swim and dive dry. Illustrated below are the company's solutions for:
a broken leg:
dryleg.jpg
a broken arm:
dryarm.jpg
children with leukemia who have a Hickman line fitted:
hickman_line_dry_suit.jpg
Details on the Hammond website at
Hammond Drysuits : Dry Suits Sales : Dry Suit Repairs

Back
Top Bottom