Hammerhead sighting at Stingray City - 2/21/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The locals have always had a love/hate relationship with sharks, as in they love to hate them. They are still scared to death of sharks and have no problem killing them. Old school thinking mixed with a dash ignorance has them thinking sharks are killing machines and need to be eradicated. Education is key to helping Cayman understand how important sharks are in our ecosystem. Hopefully a new mindset prevails before it is too late.

They also see sharks as competitors for fish and turtles.

wish I had seen it!!Jeremy (your guide that day :)
Wish you had too, Jeremy! Great trip. Red Sail Sports is top notch. I was lobbying for the Kittiwake that day, but my daughter wanted to see the StingRays. Listen to your daughters.

Stingray City is totally worth, I would go with the boat trip, there are some fun operators. Shark sightings are so rare its amazing when it happens here, especially when I'm stuck behind a laptop the whole day, 5 days a week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom