Hammerhead Scuba still in Business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobbonthecorn

Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen Hammerhead Scuba products referred to here on this board but the web site and phone number are broken. Are they in business? If so, how can they be contacted? If not, did they change their name?

Thank you! That was the trick. Seems the web search engines give an old site. Old prices are better too! I am assuming you have used their products. Do you like them? Any thing I should be aware of? Again, thanks!:):):)

Hey I just ordered the cold water package from them in May. I solid piece that works well with an Oxycheq wing I have. Some people say that you need to debur the edges of the plate. Mine came in great shape and allow I spent some time with it, my time was probably not needed. Still a great price for the product!

I don't have their backplate but I dove with a guy who had the ss plate and it looked sweet. I liked the 10 gage they used and the price is nice. If I get a ss plate thats the one I'll get, I'm using an AL Dive Rite right now that I like.

I have two of their SS plates, the 2 piece STA, and the Heavy STA. Very nice stuff. I did not do any deburring on any of my plates. The edge of the Heacy STA were a little sharp so I mess with those a little.... Great product and a great price...

Phil

I think you will find that only the slots on the heavy STA need deburring, so they don't wear the cambands. It is a 10 minute job with some good emery paper - or less with a Dremel tool.

The slots on the plate are OK as they are shipped.

Great plate for the money!!

Thanks all!!!! I had heard good things but could never get to "the" web site until now. This will certainly be at the top of my list.

Good info as I'm trying to decide what to do....

I just noticed your from MI. Dive Rite has a demo day in may at Gilboa if your not in a hurry to buy something now. You can see the different wings and stuff and try what you want. The Hammer Head plates should work with Dive Rite wings (11" hole spacing) I actually drilled some holes in my plate and added grommets to my wing to get my tanks where I wanted them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom