Hallelujah! Funjet is back in the game (sort of)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moodiejeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Funjet Riviera Maya Page

I Just got this email from Funjet... Tagline: Riviera Maya - We Are Open!

Yeah, I know, we want info on Coz. I figure it this way, baby steps, it's only a matter of time before things start kicking back into gear. Obviously they're going to have to get the big hotels operating before Funjet will commit fully but I'm happy to see this small victory.

I checked the vacation packages from Chicago to Coz and they have some starting in Feb. There was only 1 package listed to El Cozumeleno but you could book non-stop charter air on United ($299) which is what I'm looking at.

Hmmm, Mia's B-day is in Feb. :D That's what we did last year, maybe we can do it again.

Oh yeah, maybe this is old news but they have new service through Spirit air to other destinations. T&C looks a bit easier to get to from here... have a tentative plan for T&C in October. :wink:

loudives:
Jeff,
I got tickets to Cancun feb11-18 on aa including tax for 303. Don't forget the tax.
Direct flight.
Lou

I know about the tax... trust me :14:

Hmmm, $303 to Cancun or $375ish to Coz. I think I'll take direct to Coz.

Enjoy your trip, If i can swing a Feb. trip EVERYONE will know about it! :07:

Thanks for posting about Feb. I just tried to confirm my aa flight and it got canceled. AA was ok and they did a bunch of changes for me. Get this:
Price to Cancun up to over 400 to Coz 500
They offered that but I said I would go to Funjet and fly UAL to Coz. I mentioned I had miles on Ual and I would try that also. Gave them s--t about the cancel and I would book my Alaska trip with someone else also.
They said they could do something for me.
They took my mile number for ual and checked to coz for me. They could not get me there but could get me back. Then they checked USAir which accepts ual miles. Got me to and from Coz, USair to, UAL back, for miles and they are going to pay the 60 tax. I guess I can live with the flight to Charlotte then on to Coz.
Then gave me 2 for one RT to Alaska in June. Two RT to Alaska for 288 I could not believe that. Then as a bonus they are still going to give me the miles I would have earned on the Cancun trip and full miles on the two tickets to Alaska.
I don't know how I got such great service and discounts Maybe the ticket lady is quiting tonight and is giving away the store, but I got the e-tickets a minute ago and that what counts.

It pays to reconfirm often.
AA is OK by me!

LOU

Lou,

That is such a good deal you must have done something right in a past life to get that! Are you going to dive in Alaska? No way would I go in that cold water! But diving with Orca's would be thrilling.

Nan

I called funjet looking for air only from San Antonio to either Coz or Cancun in January. They told me no flights from San Antonio to either of those destinations until May!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom