Question Halcyon Traveler Pro doesn’t have anti roll bars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
noticed that my new halcyon traveler pro single tank wing does not have anti roll bars integrated with it, yet it does have cam and slots.

Can this wing still be used without tank roll? Is H just manufactured well enough that integrated anti roll bars isn’t necessary with their single tank wings?

Thank you.

Perhaps you need something like this?

I have wondered about this previously as well. I think they are designed to be paired up with the carbon fiber plates that have built-in roll control.
I have not tried my 20lb or 30lb Traveler Pro without using some kind of roll bars or an STA so I can't comment on how they handle it.

I did sew up a pair of simple removable roll bars that slip through the band slots. Used Delrin tubes & 2" nylon tubing and standard webbing.
Works great and weighs almost nothing.

IMG_8372.jpg

noticed that my new halcyon traveler pro single tank wing does not have anti roll bars integrated with it, yet it does have cam and slots.

Can this wing still be used without tank roll? Is H just manufactured well enough that integrated anti roll bars isn’t necessary with their single tank wings?

Thank you.
Update: went diving with a single tank for the first time and can verify that it does cause a crooked tank, therefore don’t buy these wings if you’re looking to go STAless

Update: went diving with a single tank for the first time and can verify that it does cause a crooked tank, therefore don’t buy these wings if you’re looking to go STAless

yup this is why if your not going to use a STA best to get a wing with built in anti roll bars. Lots of brand out there that make them.

1686101325885.png

Back
Top Bottom