HALCYON STA with OMS BP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"(I'm assuming you're not using the weighted STA version?)"

Damn! I won't be using any version. I looked the weight up here:BC System Weighting | Halcyon
But I oversaw that 6lbs apply to the coated-weight!
It did seem a bit heavy for a bent piece of metal...
But I failed to look more closely and decided that it might be too heavy for both me and my suitcase so I didn't bid on that STA.

Well, FWIW, your write-up will be remembered for the future. Someday I might also get a wing without roll-control-hole

"(I'm assuming you're not using the weighted STA version?)"

Damn! I won't be using any version. I looked the weight up here:BC System Weighting | Halcyon
But I oversaw that 6lbs apply to the coated-weight!
It did seem a bit heavy for a bent piece of metal...
But I failed to look more closely and decided that it might be too heavy for both me and my suitcase so I didn't bid on that STA.

Well, FWIW, your write-up will be remembered for the future. Someday I might also get a wing without roll-control-hole

If you do end up deciding to buy an STA have a look at the AGIR Brokk (expensive) ones they have two sets of slots at the top giving a wider adjustment range. All current Oxycheq Mach V wings have roll control tabs.

Sometimes buying a complete set up from one manufacturer makes life easier. Have a look at Deep Sea Supply, very nice gear, good prices and great customer service. The owner, Tobin has a forum over in "Manufacturers" sub forum and is always willing to give advice and what would best suit.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom