Halcyon Spring Fin Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UncleJT

Reaction score
Anyone using Halcyon's Spring Fin Straps? I need to buy some for my ScubaPro JetFins but not sure which size to order, large or xl, for my size 12 feet. Any tips to sizing these? Halcyon has very little info on their site.

Thanks

- JT

UncleJT:
Anyone using Halcyon's Spring Fin Straps? I need to buy some for my ScubaPro JetFins but not sure which size to order, large or xl, for my size 12 feet. Any tips to sizing these? Halcyon has very little info on their site.

Thanks

- JT

Its really the only way to "know". Put on your boot, bootie or whatever, jam it into fin and get a soft tape or a string and measure from end to end around your ankle.

They're not tough to custom size. I have a very manly 8 1/2 foot in a more manly size 9 rock boot - so I'm in the Turtle death zone. I've had to customize all my spring straps for my diminuative tootsies.

---
Ken

UncleJT:

Thanks

- JT

If it doesn't have to be Halcyon, might want to consider

http://www.spring-straps.com/

Great quality and easy to install. I have size 11 feet and using a size XL Jet. Their 11" strap works great.

wunat:
If it doesn't have to be Halcyon, might want to consider

http://www.spring-straps.com/

Great quality and easy to install. I have size 11 feet and using a size XL Jet. Their 11" strap works great.
I LOVE my spring straps. I too wear an size 11 shoe and the 11" springs work well for me. I made my own much like the above mentioned spring straps, except used delrin blocks instead of aluminum. I think they hold up better in the salt water and don't look cruddy. :browsmile

Mo2vation:
Its really the only way to "know". Put on your boot, bootie or whatever, jam it into fin and get a soft tape or a string and measure from end to end around your ankle.

They're not tough to custom size. I have a very manly 8 1/2 foot in a more manly size 9 rock boot - so I'm in the Turtle death zone. I've had to customize all my spring straps for my diminuative tootsies.

---
Ken
Hee, hee...

doesnt have to be the H they are way overpriced and others will just be as good

Here is another "H" spring strap.......
Yes, it is Hoosier Spring Strap... LOL~~~

The cost saving is depending on how many set up you are making.
If you need one or two sets, just buy the commercial one.... It doesn't cost effective based on my experience.

DSCN1864.JPG
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/DSCN1864.JPG

Back
Top Bottom