DIR- Generic Halcyon - Scubapro regs choice: Same but not the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to know that the French community is growing! Are you based in the north or in the south of the country?
I'm living in Paris for the moment, not very convenient for diving :wink:

I'm living in Paris for the moment, not very convenient for diving :wink:

Where would be the best/better place to live/be to have access to the better diving in France?

Where would be the best/better place to live/be to have access to the better diving in France?

It depends on the kind of diving you like.

Cave diving -> the Lot.
Sea diving, with lots of challenges (bad visibility, cold water, strong current and tides) -> probably north of France.
Sea diving, relatively easy with lots of fish -> probably south.

Obviously, you can find challenging dives in the south and fish in the north; these are just guidelines.

Paris is in the north, but something like 200km from the sea; besides, going out of the city is a real hassle as far as they told me, because of traffic.

Cave diving -> the Lot.

Where/what is that please?

Sea diving, with lots of challenges (bad visibility, cold water, strong current and tides) -> probably north of France.
When you say "north of France," are you referring to the Atlantic coast?

Sea diving, relatively easy with lots of fish -> probably south.
Is this the Mediterranean side?

Paris is in the north, but something like 200km from the sea; besides, going out of the city is a real hassle as far as they told me, because of traffic.
Not interest in Paris, just the closest area to good diving, as in living in a town or village and property that is right on the water, with lots of fish and lots of subjects for photography with best visibility :)

Where/what is that please?
Center, a bit on the south-west side. "Lot" is the name of the region. Lot's of world class caves to dive there.
When you say "north of France," are you referring to the Atlantic coast?
Atlantic (mostly north, around the Brittany region in France), English Channel (named "La Manche" in French), North Sea.

Is this the Mediterranean side?
Yes, in France mostly in the east side, and around Corsica island (better on the west side there maybe? Not sure).

Not interest in Paris, just the closest area to good diving, as in living in a town or village and property that is right on the water, with lots of fish and lots of subjects for photography with best visibility :)
East mediterranean in France + west Corsica I would say.
Great diving there and good visibility.

Center, a bit on the south-west side. "Lot" is the name of the region. Lot's of world class caves to dive there.

Atlantic (mostly north, around the Brittany region in France), English Channel (named "La Manche" in French), North Sea.

Yes, in France mostly in the east side, and around Corsica island (better on the west side there maybe? Not sure).

East mediterranean in France + west Corsica I would say.
Great diving there and good visibility.

Thank you for the information, you are very kind!!

Sorry, I am in the lot for a bit of cave diving, so I have not much time to answer... but @Edwaty has been very precise, I couldn't provide anything more :)

Thank you too for your kind answers. I was actually thinking that I was responding you and didn't realize that it was a different person responding. Thank you both!!

I never thought of France as a potential place to have a little place for the family and to go diving but now it seems to be a real option on the Med. and for cave diving when the time comes and I am ready to take up training for cave diving.

I imagine that the cave diving is available all year long (perhaps I am very wrong) and the Corsica diving is for summer months when the sea conditions are more dive friendly as the Med usually is (I am in Libya now).

Congrats on the regs, good luck with the fundies and say hi to Jerome (or Marc... but you won't be seeing him I gather).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom