Halcyon Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir

The Voice of Reason
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I got this from Undercurrent.org magazine and didn't see it posted anywhere:

Serious Problems with 20,000 Halcyon Over Pressure Valves: Virtually everything Halcyon manufactures with an over pressure valve - BCDs, surface marker buoys, safety sausages, lift bags, etc., has been recalled because of leaking valves which can deflate the devices and eliminate their buoyancy. This recall involves the Halcyon Explorer, Eclipse, CCR35, Evolve and Pioneer BCDs and Halcyon Surface Marker Buoys, Lift Bags, Diver Alert Markers (DAMs) Surf Shuttle and Diver Lift Raft Inflatable Devices. "Halcyon" is printed on the equipment. The recalled items were sold between January 2006 and December 2008. If you've got a piece of gear with this valve, return it to an authorized Halcyon dealer for a free replacement of the overpressure valve spring. Contact Halcyon at (800) 425-2966 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday; Web site is www.halcyon.net/opv-recall; email address is techservices@halcyon.net. If you had an incident using any of this gear, report it at https://www.cpsc.gov/cgibin/incident.aspx

The short version is if the spring in the OPV is rusty looking, you should take it in and get it replaced.

The short version is if the spring in the OPV is rusty looking, you should take it in and get it replaced.
ANY amount of rust! As I posted in the other thread, my OPV failed. When I removed it, it just broke apart in my hand. But in all honesty, if it hadn't just broke apart, the amount of rust it had would not have been a cause for concern to me. It looked like simple surface rust. I would've simply taken some steel wool to it, cleaned off the rust, put it back in, and gone diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom