Halcyon Proteus and Helios Lights - Pros and Cons?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAK52580

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have thought about purchasing a canister light at some point in the near future and was looking at the Helios 4.5 or the Proteus 3. Since most DIR folks in this forum either use these are know their workings intimately, I thought I would ask for the pros and cons between the two and any suggestions that you may have? Thanks.

Marc

How much $ are you willing to spend. The helios battery packs are much more costly to replace, but they are smaller.

I know you didn't ask about this one specifically, but the Pro 6 is a beast. I'm regretting not shelling out for a Helios 9/18W now...

MAK52580:
I have thought about purchasing a canister light at some point in the near future and was looking at the Helios 4.5 or the Proteus 3. Since most DIR folks in this forum either use these are know their workings intimately, I thought I would ask for the pros and cons between the two and any suggestions that you may have? Thanks.

Marc

Go small, go bright.

HID 10w, tiny, fast charging, long lasting NiMh batt pack. You'll never regret putting off the purchase a couple of weeks / months or eBaying that first Motley Crue record to step into a light you'll enjoy more.

K

Mo2vation:
Go small, go bright.

HID 10w, tiny, fast charging, long lasting NiMh batt pack. You'll never regret putting off the purchase a couple of weeks / months or eBaying that first Motley Crue record to step into a light you'll enjoy more.

K
Hmm 10 watt HID or Shout at the Devil?

Maybe but I ain't selling my first Maiden record!

grunzster:

eBay my Leauther Records "Too Fast For Love" first press LP and get the 18 watt.

See how easy these decisions become when you get into your 40's? :bonk:

K

grunzster:

Any Maiden LP is not worth the plastic it is occupying. A true collector album is a 'first cover' of "LoveDrive", "A Nice Pair", or "Hell Bent for Leather" (aka "Killing Machine").

G_M

Mo2vation:
eBay my Leauther Records "Too Fast For Love" first press LP and get the 18 watt.

See how easy these decisions become when you get into your 40's? :bonk:

K
Well... I'm not 40 yet but I think I would eBay my original and still shink wrapped "Deep Six" compilation for dive gear these days. I even got it handed to me by Chris Hanzek himself!

(no one will know what I'm even talking about, I bet!)

Jimmie

I saw a thing on Ebay were you could turn your Proteus 3 into Nihm, not sure ow it work but it would be worth cking out.

I was looking into a proteus 6 myself so Lamont if you wanna get rid of the beast PM me.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom