Halcyon or Tillytec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a.wagner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

please excuse my englisch but Iam from germany.

I was in my dealer store today because I need a new light. I was like to get a MB-Sub but he said he would not get a light from them because the company is close to going out of business. he said I should take a halcyon or tillytec. All i know is halcyon is a amerikan company and tillytec a german. halcyon is alittle cheaper as tillytec but tillytec is better quality. what would you recomment?

Thank you

Arnold

Hello,

please excuse my englisch but Iam from germany.

I was in my dealer store today because I need a new light. I was like to get a MB-Sub but he said he would not get a light from them because the company is close to going out of business. he said I should take a halcyon or tillytec. All i know is halcyon is a amerikan company and tillytec a german. halcyon is alittle cheaper as tillytec but tillytec is better quality. what would you recomment?

Thank you

Arnold

Hello Arnold,

who says such a nonsens??:confused::confused:
Just in the moment we expand our range of items in direction to tec-diving.
I think it was a stupid comment of a stupid dealer.

Michael

Halcyon, definitely. Great customer service and good lights.

Hello Arnold,

who says such a nonsens??:confused::confused:
Just in the moment we expand our range of items in direction to tec-diving.
I think it was a stupid comment of a stupid dealer.

Michael

He says that MB-Sub are every year on the Boot fair/messe ?? in Düsseldorf but not this time. They have no money for this year. and he say he is no more ordering lights from MB-Sub because he do not want any bad customer service to his customers when MB-Sub is not on the market anymore. He was show me the LED Cave, Halcyon and the Tillytec 2000.
Halcyon is only HID not LED and I do not want a HID. Tillytec 2000 was awesome lighter or is it brighter ? then the LED Cave from MB-Sub. I was buy a tilytec for this reason and it is a awesome light.

Sorry, but i have never read such an idiocy.

Michael

Are you the owner of MB-Sub?

What is wrong with you? I only writing what I hear. If you can not accept critic or if you can not loose because someone want not a MB-Sub light it is your problem and you have to work on it to make it better next time. but do not treat someone like s hit because of that. May be it is true, when I read some of your post here. you can not handle it.

I think, you misunderstand me.
I dont speek about, that you buy a TillyTec light. This is no problem for me.
I speek about the nonsens, which tells your dealer in Hamburg!!!!

Michael

BTW, you have a PM

Are you the owner of MB-Sub?

What is wrong with you? I only writing what I hear. If you can not accept critic or if you can not loose because someone want not a MB-Sub light it is your problem and you have to work on it to make it better next time. but do not treat someone like s hit because of that. May be it is true, when I read some of your post here. you can not handle it.

I believe both TT and MB-sub make great lights. I have found the opposite to be true i.e. great service from Mb-Sub and not so great from Tilly Tec. YMMV. Its easy to misread/misunderstand tone/meaning when communication is in written form. I dont know about primary lights but as far as back ups go Halcyon would be last on this list for me, they are very expensive for what they are and dont look to be that well made IMO, certainly the two Ive had in my hand anyway, I have heard great things about their customer service though. Cheers

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom