Halcyon NiMH charger: troubleshooting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karen18

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I have a Halcyon 21W HID light; during today's dive the light went off and on a few times, then cut out. I came home and tried to charge it and when I attach the battery and power on, the red ("ready to charge") light comes on. After a few seconds, the yellow light flashes on and off 5 times, then the red light stays on. I've already sent an email to Halcyon, but I'm impatient and I thought I'd see if anyone on here has had this experience or has any suggestions.

The light was purchased in May from a dive shop in NYC, and has been used on about a dozen dives. I've had no other problems so far.

Thanks,
Karen

I have not had an issue like that and while I suspect the battery, it sounds very odd. Please post back with what you hear from Corey about the light.

Thanks, Lucca. Unfortunately, my hardware skills are minimal.

PfcAJ -- Corey wrote to me this morning and suggested that I try switching the fuse. I've just done that now, and it is charging (yellow light on). After it's charged, I'll try running the light in a bucket of water to see if it's held a full charge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom