Halcyon MC Eclipse users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nivla80

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi all,

Proud to say that I have moved to a Halcyon BP/W SETUP! Woohoo! That included sacrificing my already meagre allowance for MANY MANY months, and also my beloved Warwick Bass guitar.... sigh... BUT i guess i like diving a little bit more than music. =D

Anyways...

I've read on this board that there may be issues with attaching the ACB system to the waist belt. Can someone be so kind as to post pictures on how to do it? The instructions on the Halcyon site is simply too confusing, and I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or not. Dun want the weight pockets to slide to the front..

Also, I'm gonna add a Halcyon SMB to my arsenal... But confused as to what I need to get.

There's the semi-closed, and closed ( i think..) Basically, can someone tell me the difference between the two of them?

Thanks!

Congrats on your purchase hope you find it worthy of all the reviews.

Now the ACB... do you really need it? A weight belt often works a lot better in my opinion. The waistband gets cluttered and then some of those quick ditch weight systems ditch when you don't want them to. If I were you I would go with a weight belt and dive it... now if you really can't live without an ACB give it a try... oh try to ask around here who actually has it and what's their opinion of it.

A friend had it and lost a pouch half way into a dive.... had to ascend immediately while his tank was still heavy to mitigate a fast ascent... Good Luck

Thanks, but erm.. i already got it... and im really not a fan of weight belts. i have a size 29 waist, and it's gonna take a miracle for the belt to stay on.. Well, i guess I just have to be careful with it. Thanks again for your advice! =D

Before plunking down a huge chunk of change on the H-logo SMB, there's another new 'tech' oriented brand called Frog from South Africa, their 3' 3" SMB (seems identical to the H-Logo's) going for about half the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom