Halcyon Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have the Hallcyon twin 12s and manifold. I wish to adjust the angle of the isolation valve. I currently have air in the tanks.

Is it safe to adjust the angle while it is under pressure (150 bar)?

Can you tell me the process for making the adjustment?

Thanks

Hi,

I have the Hallcyon twin 12s and manifold. I wish to adjust the angle of the isolation valve. I currently have air in the tanks.

Is it safe to adjust the angle while it is under pressure (150 bar)?

Can you tell me the process for making the adjustment?

Thanks

If the tanks are set up correctly, meaning the Iso Bar is no in a "bind" then all you need to do is loosen the lock nuts on each side of the Iso Valve and turn the bar.

Please note that one nut is "left handed" and the other is a conventional right hand thread. Typically left hand threaded nuts will have a groove cut into the "tips" of the hex.

If the bar is hard to turn after you loosened the nuts don't force it. You may want to seek some assistance setting the tanks / bands / manifold up correctly.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin,

I loosened the bolts a couple of turns but the isolator won't move. I did not loosen the bolts all the way. Do I need to close or open the isolator?

The manifold and cylinders were put together by a halcyon dealer and I could move the isolator when first purchased. I have not adjusted the bands, they are aligned with my plate etc there is no rocking. I believe the band alignment is ok.

What could be the issue causing the isolator not to move?

Thanks Tobin,

I loosened the bolts a couple of turns but the isolator won't move. I did not loosen the bolts all the way. Do I need to close or open the isolator?

The manifold and cylinders were put together by a halcyon dealer and I could move the isolator when first purchased. I have not adjusted the bands, they are aligned with my plate etc there is no rocking. I believe the band alignment is ok.

What could be the issue causing the isolator not to move?

You want to loosen up the *NUTS* on the Iso Bar, not the bolts on the tanks bands.

Opening or closing the Isolator will have no effect on the rotation of the Iso bar.

If it was me I'd drain the tanks and loosen the bands and see if that helps. Then I'd snug up the bands and again check if the Iso Bar rotates, if so fill em a bit and continue checking. If not you should seek some assistance.

Doubles aren't rocket science to set up, but a little experience helps.

Tobin

You want to loosen up the *NUTS* on the Iso Bar, not the bolts on the tanks bands.

Hi Tobin,

Sorry I got my words mixed up:) Yes I meant I loosened the nuts on the isolator rather than the bolts.

I just repeated the exercise and it worked i.e. I was able to move the isolator to the angle I wish. The mystery is why it did not work when I tried earlier. Not sure what I did wrong.

Thanks, I learned from this.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom