DIR- Generic Halcyon light buckle and ACB weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boyan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a halcyon infinity single tank setup. On both bottom sides of the backplate there are two pieces of webbing bolted to the backplate: left a webbing with the D ring, right a reinforced webbing for the light which comes with a sliding buckle, for securing the light.

When using the ACB weight pockets you are supposed to have the left pocket replace the webbing with the D ring. The left weight pocket has its own little piece of webbing you are supposed to bolt to the backplate instead of the D ring webbing. The pocket also has its own D ring. That's clear.

But, what do I do on the right side? What if I want to have a light canister AND the abc weight pocket? If I don't have a light I don't need the light buckle at all? I thought this buckle is also responsible for securing the harness and preventing the quick adjust to accidentally adjust itself?

light retainer and ACB are not compatible, you can have only one.
The quick adjust (cinch) does not accidentally move when you wear the BCD.

The light buckle keeps the light from sliding off the “front” of the harness. It is not meant to prevent the quick adjust from moving.

So what if you need extra weight? Can you have 4 adaptor based weight pockets? Or would so many not be needed as the backplate, adaptor and backup lights already add a lot of weight?

You can put trim weight pockets on the tank cam bands.
Or get a weight harness.
Or just use a weight belt.

You can put trim weight pockets on the tank cam bands.
Or get a weight harness.
Or just use a weight belt.
I have 2 tank pockets which can hold 4 kg. But I may need more, normally I dive with 6. That is however with a jacket. The dude at the shop said you can't have more than 2 cam band pockets.

SS Backplate adds 2 Kg, then there are weights for single tank adapter (soft or rigid)
Then weight belt or weight harness

You mention two pockets on your tank, in addition to the ACB pockets on your waist belt. That's 9kg, in addition to the SS plate. How much do you normally dive with?

You mention two pockets on your tank, in addition to the ACB pockets on your waist belt. That's 9kg, in addition to the SS plate. How much do you normally dive with?
I normally dive with 6kg, which already is a little overweight, I am aiming to reduce that in the future. I was thinking 4kg on the tank and each 1kg in in each pocket (so there is a balance on both sides).

SS Backplate adds 2 Kg, then there are weights for single tank adapter (soft or rigid)
Then weight belt or weight harness

hmm I may not need those pockets after all. With the two pockets on the tank presumably holding 2kg each I would have 4+2 from the backplate = exactly what I need now. And I assume the 2 backup lights add a little weight as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom