Halcyon Legend Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt that. The wing is for cave diving. Routing the longhose trough the hole will shorten the longhose by 20 to 30cm. That's not acceptable.
would it be shortened?

i am no cave diver. but when horizontal. a part of the wing just covers the whole right post regulator. wing is up wrapping the tanks.

hose is routed down like apeks ds4, scubapro mk17, Halcyon h50

goes thru the hole… can be donated to diver single file in front or the back. same length right?

N
would it be shortened?

i am no cave diver. but when horizontal. a part of the wing just covers the whole right post regulator. wing is up wrapping the tanks.

goes thru the hole… can be donated to diver single file in front or the back. same length right?
No. The hose will be shortened given the fact that it’s trapped in that hole.

When you donate a long hose, the full length gets deployed.

If you feed it through that hole, you’ll be shaving off a few feet of effective length.

Has anyone tried that wing?

I have an acquaintance who is buying a new set, he is buying the legend over the evolve (he is dead set on buying new for some reason)

would it be shortened?

OOG in a cave environment, in a restriction: OOG diver goes first trough the restriction, donating diver second. Donating diver has a legend wing and routed the longhose through the hole. Both have a good trim / the restriction forces them to lie flat. With the long hose routed through the hole, it needs to go down the shoulder of the donating diver by roughly 10 to 15cm and back up, since the OOG diver is right in front of him. Without routing the hose trough the hole, the hose is 20 to 30cm longer. This makes a big difference. Many people even decide to use a first stage with a rotatable turret (e.g. MK25 or Apeks DST) to gain a few centimeters more.

OOG in a cave environment, in a restriction: OOG diver goes first trough the restriction, donating diver second. Donating diver has a legend wing and routed the longhose through the hole. Both have a good trim / the restriction forces them to lie flat. With the long hose routed through the hole, it needs to go down the shoulder of the donating diver by roughly 10 to 15cm and back up, since the OOG diver is right in front of him. Without routing the hose trough the hole, the hose is 20 to 30cm longer. This makes a big difference. Many people even decide to use a first stage with a rotatable turret (e.g. MK25 or Apeks DST) to gain a few centimeters more.
well noted thanks!

Has anyone tried that wing?

I have an acquaintance who is buying a new set, he is buying the legend over the evolve (he is dead set on buying new for some reason)
my wife and I have 2 on order. It'll be our first time using doubles though, so no point of reference.

Anyone besides me prefer the old horseshoe wings over the donuts?

I get the part that its suppose to give a better lift near the top. as my anatomy always makes me wants to flip forward. i need 2 lbs tail weight to prevent flipping forward

i also get the access hole on the left to let the drysuit hose and spg hose thru as not to interupt the wing. but what about the hole i. the right side? what for. ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom