halcyon inflator hose question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bismark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi,

Just hooked up my new halcyon evolve and halcyon bp and harness. There is a bungie loop attached to the left d shoulder d ring. Am I supposed to route the inflater hose through this? This would seem to keep the inflator hose from being able to be moved into the vertical position. Do I then use the rear dump for all my deflation requirements necessitating this all be done in the horizontal position? No more rolling the shoulder to let air out on ascent.:D That rear dump cord is awful small... and short. Is this something you just get used to? Sorry for the dumb questions here but I could use some guidance. I have this set up on double lp 95s in the PNW. Thanks for the help.

yea...that's what I do. Oops DIR forum, did not see that. That cord is short and has no pull ball so it doesn't get caught on things. You will get used to where to put your hand.

The bungie loop stretchs alot. Just break trim a bit (~15 deg), pull and dump.

For the rear dump (with gloves on) grab the plastic valve and move your fingers to the center to catch the string.

I rarely break trim to vent my evolve. Maybe only if I'm stopped above 10ft.

I don't much if I'm using a 40lb explorer, but the 55lb wing tacos a bit on smaller doubles.

I use my Evolve 60 primarily with AL80s until I get my steels. I guess your experinces have been different than mine.

All the best.

-P

Is the evolve 60 narrower than an explorer 55? I dunno the danged things are too pricey for me.

Bismark:
Am I supposed to route the inflater hose through this? This would seem to keep the inflator hose from being able to be moved into the vertical position. Do I then use the rear dump for all my deflation requirements necessitating this all be done in the horizontal position?

This is what many, if not most of us do here. It's fairly easy with donut wings like Evolve and Eclipse. But slightly more difficult for horseshoes wings like Explorer.

Bismark:
That rear dump cord is awful small... and short. Is this something you just get used to?

Once you are used to it, you will feel that it is just right. Simply pull it upward toward the tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom