Halcyon Cinch System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

Would the Halcyon Cinch system work with a Hollis Stainless Steel back plate? Mine has the lower corners bent backwards just like the Halcyon back plate.

Thank you,
Claude

eelnora nice offer. Let us know how you get on I own a Hollis plate and curious. Cheers

I don't think the lower corners are going to be much of a factor here. The bend of the plate and where the holes and slots line up is the bigger question.

I own the cinch system and a Hollis plate and they will not work together. The webbing slots in the cinch adapter and the webbing slots on the Hollis plate are NOT even close to lining up.

From what I got through Halcyon, it will only work with its own plate.

Hi Guys:

Thanks for the feedback. I currently use a Dive Rite Transplate with a Hollis Backplate but want to move away from all the buckles and chest fasteners. It appears that I have only DSS or Halcyon to choose from as I do need something adjustable. I don't boat dive so I load my tank onto my back from the ground and having a looser shoulder strap helps immensely. One thing though, must the system be completely relieved of any weight (meaning something holding up the tank). I usually bend forward to pull the shoulder straps of my Transplate harness to tighten them (just like a in a regular BCD). Would I be able to do the same (pull on the waist strap) for the Halcyon Cinch while bending forward? The videos are a bit misleading as no one ever wears a tank in them.

Many thanks,
C.

The Cinch system was designed to be used with the Halcyon backplate, we can not guarantee it will function as designed with any other backplate.

Claude, the Cinch system will slide when unweighted and lock off when there is any weight on it. If you can unweight it leaning all the way forward then you can likely slide the straps although it will possibly be a bit awkward. The best way is to find a bit of something to set the tanks on (post, guardrail, picnic bench, dive buddy) and fully unweight the system, OR if the situation allows, cinch it up in the water (as is demonstrated in one of the videos) where you can also fully unweight the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom