Halcyon Adventurer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I’m looking to purchase a singles BPW for my recreational diving which always involves air travel and is primarily warm water, but will include colder water requiring 7mm wetsuit or possibly a drysuit in the future.

I roughly know the difference between the Traveller and the Eclipse and of the two, I would lean towards the Eclipse. How does the Adventurer differ? Is it the same as the Eclipse with a CF backplate? Are there any other differences between the Eclipse and the Adventurer?

Thanks

Looking at the catalog, it looks like the only difference is the carbon fiber backplate.

Reactions: CWK
The SS plate is cheaper and will provide some needed weight. I travel with mine all the time without issue. I find the ACB pockets to be bulky and instead use a trim weight pocket on the left and the weighted bellows pocket on the right for warm water. I also have a pair of trim weight pockets on the upper cam band. If you're sure you'll be needing the extra weight for a thick wet suit or dry suit you could add the weighted STA and remove the weight for warm water travel.

Back
Top Bottom