Halcyon ACB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gusvs

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Halcyon Actice Control Ballast weight pockets? Pros and cons? I am thinking about getting the smaller ones for my tropical diving, together with my Pioneer 27 wing and SS backplate.

If you don't need more than 10lb total, and don't mind it being "slow ditchable", just get the XS Scuba 5lb weight pockets. About 1/5 the cost.

w/ a 27lbs ss system and a 3-5mm suit,, prob. and almost should not need any wt. at all,, but if needed,the pockets work great,, get the small ones ,,

Ed Hayes

gusvs:
Anyone have any experience with the Halcyon Actice Control Ballast weight pockets? Pros and cons? I am thinking about getting the smaller ones for my tropical diving, together with my Pioneer 27 wing and SS backplate.

Are you sure you need them? I'm not sure what exposure protection you use, but I've got your exact setup, use a 3 mil shorty, and I've only got a 2 lb trim weight on my tank band.

How much weight do you use?

edit to add: I had the ACB, and got rid of it. Too bulky and not needed.

Owned a set, way too bulky, sold them on eBay. Even some DIR drones say it isn't a very good design.

I have the ACB 20 and they are very streamlined, not bulky at all. However, I'm finding that I don't need them as I don't need the extra weights.....

crosing:
I have the ACB 20 and they are very streamlined, not bulky at all. However, I'm finding that I don't need them as I don't need the extra weights.....

Well, I'm just looking for a pair of those - so if you wan't to sell them just give me a shout! :dazzler1:

detroit diver:
Are you sure you need them? I'm not sure what exposure protection you use, but I've got your exact setup, use a 3 mil shorty, and I've only got a 2 lb trim weight on my tank band.

How much weight do you use?

edit to add: I had the ACB, and got rid of it. Too bulky and not needed.

I use a 5 mil full length wetsuit, and normally have 4 kg weights, so with the backplate I probably will have 2kg of ditchable.

gusvs:
I use a 5 mil full length wetsuit, and normally have 4 kg weights, so with the backplate I probably will have 2kg of ditchable.

Can you swim up your rig without ditching the weights? If not, then a weight belt would be the way to go. The ACB's just seem to bring additional issues to the scene that are not needed.

Back
Top Bottom