Halcyon 55lb wing versus an OMS 55lb single bladder non bungeed wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My buddy has one and he just bought a shorter corrugated hose and switched them out. Once you switch the hose it will work about as well as any other wing... I dunno about his comment that it "Blows the Halcyon away", but I found no problems with the one I tried..

lal7176 once bubbled...

Well darn.My wing has already been shipped too.Hopefully it comes with the shorter hose.If not ill have to order one.There goes another 10 bucks on shipping.

Had to ask my wife what the heck a violet crumble is :D
Any LDS should have them...even the two local dive shops near me that didn't have 1/2" port plugs both had corrugated hoses for sale...

You can actually modify the OMS one...I thought you couldn't, but someone posted directions on how to do it...a search could probably turn it up...

O-ring once bubbled...

Any LDS should have them...even the two local dive shops near me that didn't have 1/2" port plugs both had corrugated hoses for sale...

You can actually modify the OMS one...I thought you couldn't, but someone posted directions on how to do it...a search could probably turn it up...

So what size hose should i get if i do need to buy a hose.Im thinking about a 18".How in the heck do they measure the length.Would 18" be fully stretched out or at rest with no tension on it.

lal7176 once bubbled...

So what size hose should i get if i do need to buy a hose.Im thinking about a 18".How in the heck do they measure the length.Would 18" be fully stretched out or at rest with no tension on it.
Take one from another wing that has the length you want with you to the dive shop...at least that's the only thing I can think of...or look for a wing in the shop that has one the length you want and ask for that length. If they don't have it, ask them for a 1/2" port plug so they spend 30 minutes in the back room swearing at you under their breath while they look for it. Then, switch your OMS hose with the one on the wall and gracefully exit..

O-ring once bubbled...

Take one from another wing that has the length you want with you to the dive shop...at least that's the only thing I can think of...or look for a wing in the shop that has one the length you want and ask for that length. If they don't have it, ask them for a 1/2" port plug so they spend 30 minutes in the back room swearing at you under their breath while they look for it. Then, switch your OMS hose with the one on the wall and gracefully exit..

Hmmm...you could be on to something here.I would do the ol switcharoo but no one around here stocks a lousy wing.

Is the hose on a pioneer wing the same length as a explorer wing?

lal7176 once bubbled...

Hmmm...you could be on to something here.I would do the ol switcharoo but no one around here stocks a lousy wing.

Is the hose on a pioneer wing the same length as a explorer wing?
The Scubaroo is when you polish off 10 pints and get in a fight with the mailbox...

Oh wait, you said switcheroo...nevermind..

Back
Top Bottom