Haigh Quarry Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone know what the temps are at Haigh? The website has not been updated for a while and I would like to get back in the water the 20th. Will also be looking for a buddy that wouldn't mind a newbie tagging along then.

I was at Haigh on March 28th and the temps were as follows: 50 at 50ft, 55 at 30 feet and 61 at 20 feet.

I was there on May 29th, and my computer read 46 at 54-ish feet, 55 at 30 feet. There was a perceptible thermocline at around 30 feet.

drl:
I was there on May 29th, and my computer read 46 at 54-ish feet, 55 at 30 feet. There was a perceptible thermocline at around 30 feet.

I was there on the 28th and dove wet. The shallow end was in the 50's and peronally, I was quite warm in the 7mm. On the deep side, things were a bit different. Though I don't have actuals... my guess is that it was in the mid to high 40's at 50ft, and there was definitely a chill. I was good for 30 minutes, but probably would want another thin layer.

Back
Top Bottom