Haigh Quarry Accident on Oct 2, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sad to have seen and now heard. I for one will always remember him and will use his passing as a reminder to dive as safely as I am able to. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family.

I'm Sarah, Ken's older sister. We got the official report from the coroner yesterday, and I can confirm that he died from a heart embolism (an air bubble that got trapped in his heart). This was not due to a safety problem, and could not have been foreseen or prevented. All of his equipment was functioning properly.

Dive safely, everyone, and thank you for your kind words.

I'm Sarah, Ken's older sister. We got the official report from the coroner yesterday, and I can confirm that he died from a heart embolism (an air bubble that got trapped in his heart). This was not due to a safety problem, and could not have been foreseen or prevented. All of his equipment was functioning properly.

I know we are all very sorry for your loss. I especially want to thank you for making what had to be a difficult post to let the public know more details. From what I've seen, that is very rare.

Thank you so much for your post. I wish you and yours peace and comfort. Eventually joy of having had someone so special in your life and the good memories will fill those painful places.

Back
Top Bottom