Gulf Shores/ Orange Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gulfdiver1970

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guy`s!! and gals..:D..anyone up for the jetties or beach dive on 1/3?..you local guys think the conditions will be ok?..just saw a report didn`t look to bad but i `d love to hear a more seasoned opinion....

Surf was still iffy today, depends on how silty the sites are at the moment. The Whiskey is less silty than some of the others, if it has a chance to settle tomorrow, it might be good Saturday.

The jetties would be a safer bet due to influx of gulfwater at high tide, if the tides are working out well atleast.

yeah i just saw the tides are 4:38am hi and 3:08pm low ... i dunno maybe if we hit it early in the am might be able to make something of it...any who..guess we`ll just have to see

Surf has layed down to nearly nothing, visibility right off the beach was rancid though, maybe a foot. The north winds should continue for a few days, maybe by Saturday or Sunday visibility will improve alot off of Gulf Shores.

P'Cola Beach would probably be a little safer off the beaches if you simply must hit a shore dive in saltwater.

I got a break from work and I will be hitting Morrisons tomorrow if interested.

Diving Morrison on Sunday AM, thread on it in the FL Trips subforum.

love to go with you guys, would be my second dive there, love to look around some more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom