Gulf Shores Condition Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Gulf is incredibly clear right now, even right off the beach. There isn't really any surf to speak of, ankle snappers at best. I tried to round up a buddy to dive last night but couldn't get anyone interested.

Down Under Dive Shop's doors are back open, but they are not offering 100% of thier normal services just yet - I was told another few weeks before they were up and running at full speed. The compressor is still down, but should be back up shortly for fills.

I'm not sure, to be honest. The big compressor is outside and I believe they have it bolted to the ground - if they didn't move it, you can believe it was submerged for atleast a day. Reports were saying the waves were actually breaking at that portion of 59.

Pic from today

Tempting ain't it? :D

Going to Gainsville Saturday, but should be back that same night... Might be trying to dive Whiskey/StatePier Sunday at some point - weather permitting a boat ride in my Zodiac :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom