Guiness World Record Attempt!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello my Florida dive buddies!

I'm just checking in from Michigan, and letting you all know that I had a blast at the official Guiness Book of World Records attempt of the MOST divers in the water at one time last weekend!

It was held at Gilboa Quarry, near Findlay Ohio (one hour south of Toledo). The number to hit, was like 970 divers. There were OVER that many registered who had paid, but only 794 showed up! We did set the record for most divers in fresh water, and I believe the most divers in a location in the states. And, with all of those divers, things went SMOOTH getting into and out of the water!

Next year, Gilboa is going to attempt the record once more! I'm telling you, if you can get up NORTH, it would be worth it! Weekend long events, great diving, and just a freaking blast. There were divers from Canada (a large contingent), Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Louisina, New Hampshire, Kentucky, Tennessee, Maryland, North Carolina and Texas. Those are just the plates I saw over the weekend. Oh, they are shooting for 1,500 next year!

Check out my photo album on Scubaboard, I threw some pics up! IF I could ever figure out the vids, I'd upload some of those 2!

Looking forward to getting down south soon!

Attachments

• File0052.jpg
    File0052.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 75
  • File0073.jpg
    File0073.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 84
  • File0087.jpg
    File0087.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 74
Todd,

Awesome - looks like fun!

We tried to do a Guiness Attempt at Hudson Grotto also. There were 10 divers in the water - next year we hope to have 950 more :D

Sean

Looks like fun. Interesting though no plates from the "dive capital" of the US.......FL! They all must be underwater! LOL.

Hey Salmonboy, I just realized that there WAS a car with plates from Florida! MINE! :)

It really was a blast!

Just uploaded some more pictures to the Guiness World record album! LAND shots... so to speak!

Hey now, I just uploaded 3 Videos of the fun during the World Record attempt! All three vids are in the Guiness World Record album. You can't miss them! BIG files! :)

Miss BABE, I will HOOK you up!

Lets get a little group!

Whats up???? You never call or write any more.

I continue to try and sell websites, brochures, and a host of other business BRANDING product while I job hunt in Florida! It is extremely frustrating.

OH, on a positive note, I am going to school and working on a degree for Enviromental Studies, with a focus on Reef Preservation! :) THAT, is keeping me busy.

I am still looking at the option of trying to purchase a dive shop on the west coast. I'm not sleeping much. I cry in my sleep. LOL! :p

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom