"Guided" 200' dive with a single AL80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just read all twenty-nine pages of this...this...whatever this was.

There were more twists and turns than if I was riding the Matterhorn!

Oh, learned a couple things here and there too...

You do of course realise that if you set your options to 40 posts per page it's a lot faster and easier to read a thread like this one...
Now back to topic.

You do of course realise that if you set your options to 40 posts per page it's a lot faster and easier to read a thread like this one...
Now back to topic.

Congratulations, you just took this to 30 pages with your post! (except of course for those of you with preferences set for 40 posts per page):D

Can we hit 300 posts? :confused:

No need. I don't think anyone would think this dive was DIR... :no

Oh great. Theres an acronym we'll never live down!

See ... those really ARE brains ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A few of the Instructors/Divemasters at my LDS occasionally do an East Texas dive that takes them below 200 feet.

None of them have ever died in the process.

However, always remember, dive tables, whether they are on a chart or in a dive computer, are entirely theoretical. You can fallow a table perfectly and *still* get bent. Conversely, you can blow your tables out the wazoo and *not* get bent.

Haldanean dive theory was initially developed by blowing-up goats in dive chambers. While a considerable amount of information was gathered during those goat explosions, it is unreasonable to assume that an unexploded goat guarantees your safety.

Dive conservatively, Dive smart.

See ... those really ARE brains ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:rofl3:

I've never heard of IQ expressed as 36DD before tho...

I don't think most people's beef with this dive had to do with blowing a deco obligation according to tables. I think it had more to do with the gas management aspect of the dive. A telling sign was the person running OOA when there was no equipment failure.

Of course, we would probably never know any of this happened (just like many of the 200' bounce dives that most definitely happen) if the OP hadn't posted about it in the first place. Should the community let new divers know that these types of dives are done but put big honking sirens and lights around it warning them of the dangers? Perhaps the OP can be browbeaten into submission as a way of warning divers.

I dunno, I guess I'm starting to ramble.

Back
Top Bottom