Guidebook for Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinetti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,

I am looking for a guidebook about reef and fish of Thailand...

Thanks

Do you want dive site descriptions or a fish ID book?

For dive site descriptions I like these books best: Pocket Dive Site. Many of us who lead dives use the maps contained in these guides.

For fish, my favorite book is Tropical Pacific Fish Identification which actually covers Indo-Pacific.

For corals and sponges I like Gerald Allen's Indo Pacific Coral Reef Field Guide, but it's out of print. Well worth buying if you can find a copy someplace.

may be off topic, but ALL the books by Helmut Debelius are standard for every shop I've worked in. Great stories in them as well. One about a stone fish sting that's unreal.

Amazon.co.uk: Helmut Debelius: Books

may be off topic, but ALL the books by Helmut Debelius are standard for every shop I've worked in.

Unfortunately do Helmut's books have LOTS of mistakes (wrong species names) in them and many pictures are of quite poor quality.

Thanks,

Tropical Pacific Fish Identification seems very good, but I am looking for some information on corals, jellyfishes, crustaceans, etc. as well...

Paul Humann and Ned Deloach have a new book coming out around the end of August called

Reef Creatures Identification: Tropical Pacific. Don't think it will have corals in it but should cover most of the nonfish type creatures.

Try to get a copy of "Indo Pacific Nudibranchs and Sea Slugs".
It's really the best and most comprehensive nudi book around.

Had a copy of this one at the shop I worked for in Lanta. It was a great one... I forot about it. Maybe I'll order one for my shop now.

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom