Guide to digital camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Every couple of days we seem to be getting asked the same questions by people new to the site or new to photography (by no fault of their own!), because threads move down the pile!

can we not have a thread that is always at the top (as per the warning in humor section) with urls to guides and explanations so people can go and look first then ask questions that haven't been answered by the guide?

here are some that i have found:

Easy Guide to Digital Cameras

This one start with a general introduction and and has links to everypiece of equipment you could use along with a description of how and why.

Everything you want to know about underwater photography

clive francis once bubbled...
Every couple of days we seem to be getting asked the same questions by people new to the site or new to photography (by no fault of their own!), because threads move down the pile!

That's the same problem on all message boards. People find easier to ask a question then to try to find out if anybody asked same question in the past. Maybe some kind of direction like "Before you post your question, be so kind to use search feature ..." could help.

but if the very first thread was clearly labled so that it was apparent to all new users this was the first place to look then we wouldn't keep going through the same questions and answers all the time

clive francis once bubbled...
but if the very first thread was clearly labled so that it was apparent to all new users this was the first place to look then we would keep going through the same questions and answers all the time

would or wouldn't ?

Clive...that's a good idea and one I've been working on. Instead of listing only other websites for information, I'd like to search our own photo forum here and list links to the discussions we've had where our own members have answered these new/beginning camera questions. I just haven't had the time to sit and make the searches. If you could help with that, it would be great!

I also want to use links to other website like those you've posted, I just want our members input in there first.

I'll help where i can, the only problem i can see with using members posts is that however hard we try we are a little bias towards our own set ups.

where as the online guides are not pushing any one mmethod (film or digital) or a brand of camera.

they explain some of the complicated issues and give you enough information to start looking at a set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom