Guide Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbd2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello everyone, my family and I are planning a trip to Red River Gorge for some rock climbing and diving in mid August. Finding a guide for the climbing was easy but I'm having more trouble with a guide for the diving. Can anyone recommend a diving guiding services? Thanks.

diving where? Laurel Lake? i climb at the Red a lot, but im not familiar with any worthwhile dive sites. I would be very interested if there are.

I don't think there are any great scuba diving locations by Red River Gorge.

Yes, Laurel Lake, at least that's what my research says. We've relatively new to Fort Wayne, IN. We've heard that Red River Gorge has some great climbing, so have planned to take the family there in mid August. Further research stated that there was some diving available, thus the question to the community. Our 15- & 13-yo were certified only 2 years ago and our 10yo this past Dec, so we're looking for opportunities without breaking the bank. Hubby can't take too many days off work, so we were hoping to tack on a diving excursion to the climbing trip. If Laurel Lake is not worth our time, any recommendations for other diving sites within reasonable driving distance of Fort Wayne? Thanks.

I dove laurel lake a few years ago because its close to my families property. I may have just been unlucky but it had a very sharp thermocline and below it the viz dropped to blackwater diving. Above 20' was nice but there was nothing but mud to look at... I haven't tried diving it since (although i have an uncle who gps marks lost fishing poles for when i do lol). If you do find out that there can be good diving there i'd love to hear about it!

Mermet Springs in southern IL, pretty much across the river from Paducah, KY. Lots of sunken attractions, including the 727 airplane from the 90s movie, US Marshall. Lots of fish, including tons of paddlefish (spoonbills). Nice topside facilities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom