Guess what today is...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy:
The auto-email from ScubaBoard suggested I do this, so:

TODAY I turn 31. Just a few hours after Dan Rather signed off for the last time. I don't know whether to celebrate or to sulk. Aah, I'll celebrate. What the heck.

cheers

Billy S.

I'd celebrate both. If you can't stand him, you're glad to see him go. If you love him, celebrate a deserved retirement. So I guess that means you'll have to give two toasts. One for you and one for him.

HAPPY B-DAY

KATHY

and

MOOGYBOY

:bandsmlz:

Merry birthday guys :D

Dearman:
I'd celebrate both. If you can't stand him, you're glad to see him go. If you love him, celebrate a deserved retirement. So I guess that means you'll have to give two toasts. One for you and one for him.

I would have given anything to have seen Walter Cronkite fill in for him last night, for just for one night. At any rate I am sad to see ol' Dan mosey off into the sunset. A true giant IMO.

The next CBS News legend to disappear will probably not be that crusading octogenarian Mike Wallace...he'll probably still be at it when I'm an octogenarian.

Is it just me or are you noticing any odd preoccupations with age from this 31 year old?

cheers

Billy S.

Moogyboy:
I would have given anything to have seen Walter Cronkite fill in for him last night, for just for one night. At any rate I am sad to see ol' Dan mosey off into the sunset. A true giant IMO.

The next CBS News legend to disappear will probably not be that crusading octogenarian Mike Wallace...he'll probably still be at it when I'm an octogenarian.

Is it just me or are you noticing any odd preoccupations with age from this 31 year old?

cheers

Billy S.

That's supposed to be my preoccupation. I'm 30 in October. You are supposed to be past that for another 9 years.

Dearman:
That's supposed to be my preoccupation. I'm 30 in October. You are supposed to be past that for another 9 years.

I have to remember that humor is sometimes shown by facial expressions that don't translate into type. I re-read my posts and think, "that didn't sound as funny as when I said it". I hope my attempts in your thread were taken as friendly.

I hope you had a great b-day :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom