Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was the gauge there before? I didn't see it, just thought it was guess a number and win a prize....

We called them post, or pillar, valves, however it may have been local usage back in the day. All the ones I've seen are the old 1/2" pipe thread. ...

__57.jpg

@Bob DBF,

Yes, mine is similar, but a bit newer (I think), having today's more common 3/4" 14 NPSM LP threads. I'm looking forward to diving it mounted on either my old-school PST 72 or my OMS/Faber LP66, with my U.S. Divers "VDH Phoenix-ized" DAAM DH regulator.

rx7diver

USDivers_Pillar_J_Valve_20240427.jpeg

Time to move to AI

Any guage with that high max pressure will not read accurately in that range.
Nothing wrong with the gauge. If it reads accurately mid range.

Personally I would not throw it away.
Just because the bottom end is out.
Just act accordingly.

I am surprised that that there are not more stand lone digital gauges, with a solar panel in them, for diving.

You should be able to tell us.
I’ve always preferred personal/practical experience to published data. Every new SPG and AI transmitter I have used gets first hand testing.

I have 2 SPGs and three transmitters now. I get a new one. For testing I use adapters off the hp ports so I can hook up three redundant sources and the unit to be tested. I cross reference the reading at full/highest reading of a fresh fill. Then 2000, 1000, 500 and then into heresy. I read them all down to zero!!!
No, you should never, ever get there. Your dive SHOULD, by the book, be over at 500. But there are emergencies. They do happen. Not being familiar with the limits of your equipment in an emergency only adds to the increased anxiety of the events.

So, back at ya, what was your remaining pressure at that gauge reading?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom