Gue Tech 1 Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepster0000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am very interested in taking the GUE TECH 1 class. I have heard excellent things about it. I was wandering if anybody knew any instructors near the Carolinas. I thougt about taking it from a private instructor and not the class in Ft. Lauderdale. If GUE does this, please let me know, If not I will probably make road trip. Thanks Jeepster0000

Have you taken the DIR Fundamentals class yet? If not, I believe you will not be allowed to take the Tech 1 class.

Too many people were not prepared and they don't want to waste their/your time.

Do I have to take the fundemantals class through GUE, or can I take it somewhere else? I already have a DIR class lined up, and I would hate to waste the money.

Originally posted by jeepster0000
Do I have to take the fundemantals class through GUE, or can I take it somewhere else? I already have a DIR class lined up, and I would hate to waste the money.

If not thru GUE, then who? :confused:

You might want to check with your DIR contact before you proceed.

Jeepster,

There is not a GUE instructor in the Carolinas. We have lined up two instructors to fly in July 19-21 to teach a DIR Fund class in the Raleigh area. Contact Scott at Down Under Surf and Scuba for more details.

We are conisdering a tech course later this year or next, though probably due to the flaky Carolina water conditions, we would just go down to F. Lauderdale.

You generally need 3 people (and a host of other prereq. see the website) to take the tech/cave class. DIRF or the same skills are required for the tech or cave classes. If you do not have them on day 1 they send you home, and you work out how much of the class fee you lose. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Tommy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom